Tourism Marketing for hotels is now facing the challenge of raising a digital strategy to overcome a high level of competitors while offering distinct and valuable proposals, adapting to the new needs and demands of today’s consumers.
In an environment as competitive as the hotel sector, rethinking the marketing strategy used is essential to continue resisting. In a context like the current one, digital marketing strategies for hotels have to go beyond a simple promotion to focus on offering a positive user experience that invites them to make a reservation and increase their loyalty.
By applying the seven keys to tourism marketing that we propose in this article, companies in the hotel sector will be able to increase their profits by optimizing their digital channel and taking advantage of the opportunities that the internet offers to hotel marketing.
1. Develop a database with potential customers
To ensure that all the actions implemented within your hotel marketing strategy have the desired effect, it is necessary to develop a database of potential customers and segment them according to the moment they are in order to carry out strategic actions that promote their advancement in the business. purchase cycle.
To do this, we have to take into account three key aspects:
- Lead scoring: It is an automatic qualification for the leads in the database according to how they approach our ideal client, the level of knowledge they have about the brand and the phase of the purchase cycle in which they are.
- Lead nurturing: Automatic actions focused on advancing customers throughout the purchase cycle.
- One-off shipments with flash offers: A technique with very good results in hotel marketing is the sending of campaigns with personalized offers to users who are in the last point of the purchase cycle.
2. Implement a local strategy with Google My Business
Google My Business is one of the best tools to work on local SEO that, in addition, we can enjoy for free. It allows to position the file of a hotel or any other type of tourist accommodation in the geographical area in which it is located .
In this way it is achieved that when the user searches for the name of the accommodation or a service that it offers in a certain location, Google shows a tab with complete and detailed information in which information can be offered to make a reservation.
3. Improve user experience (UX)
Tourists seek to have a pleasant experience from start to finish, something that also includes the reservation process itself. Tourism marketing must always be focused on the user experience (UX) not limited to the physical environment but also taking into account the online environment.
To provide a good UX and improve the number of direct reservations, the websites of the hotel sector should have at least the following characteristics:
- Real-time reservation system with an effective reservation tool.
- Ensure security during the payment process.
- Have a chat that allows you to quickly resolve any questions.
- Include photos and provide clear information about the accommodation facilities and services.
- Show which are the different contact channels available to the user.
4. Position your brand on social networks and specialized platforms
Some of the digital channels that have a greater impact on users when choosing one accommodation or another are social networks and specialized platforms such as Booking or TripAdvisor.
More and more users are opting for a vacation destination that they have seen on social media, the same happens with accommodation; Therefore, working on the brand’s social networks has to be a key point in the marketing strategy for hotels. In this way, you will make it easier for more people from all over the world to find you and consider you a good accommodation option.
TripAdvisor is the reference platform for specialized tourist information, so getting a good presence and designing a marketing strategy to achieve positive reviews is essential. In addition, it is very important to respond politely to negative reviews, so that users who read these comments see that you are taking steps to improve the points in question.
Finally, Booking is one of the most popular portals for booking accommodation around the world. Therefore, it can be a support to attract users from a secondary channel.
5. Develop a content strategy
An effective content strategy is the best way to get users to know a brand and services without resorting to aggressive advertising. To achieve this purpose, the content strategy of your hotel should consider the following points :
- Buyer persona design: Identify the ideal client profile or profiles and investigate their interests, needs and concerns.
- Develop the blog: Create the channel to publish and distribute the content. Developing a blog associated with your website allows Internet users to find your articles, ebooks, guides and other materials perfectly categorized by topics of interest.
- SEO positioning: In order to reach users, it is important to determine what are the terms by which you should position your business in Google results.
- Generate valuable content: Aligned with the interests of the buyer persona and with an SEO approach to achieve positioning in search engines such as Google. The main strategic objective of the contents is to attract visits to the blog so that they can then consume the downloadable ones and encourage readers to fill out a form with information about them, about their identity, work, contact information, etc.
6. Optimize customer service
The quality of the service provided at your hotel is key to offering users the unforgettable experience they are looking for. In this sense, if you want to increase your reservations, you must take into account the way in which you manage your two types of clients: external clients, your guests and potential guests; and internal customers, the employees who bring your hotel to life.
To offer the maximum possible experience, you have to put the guest at the center of all the actions implemented in your marketing strategy, while simultaneously taking care of the satisfaction of your employees, fostering their motivation and commitment.
By taking this customer-centric approach to marketing, hotels earn high loyalty rates, even turning your guests into brand ambassadors. To achieve this, your hotel must inspire trust and transparency. In fact, according to the Label Insight Transparency ROI Study report, 94% of customers say they are loyal to a brand that proves to be transparent in its relationship with them.
7. Measure, analyze and evolve
Tourism marketing strategies should be considered an endless cycle as there is always room for improvement. Each action that you implement within your strategy should be tracked using different KPIs. This allows you to analyze the results to detect what is working and what is not.
This methodology can be used in any type of internal procedure as well as in customer acquisition and reservation management, achieving a process of the continuous evolution of all the tourism marketing strategies used. Even analyzing your competition through benchmarking techniques will allow you to stay ahead of the competition and develop more profitable value propositions.
Digital transformation, an imperative for the hotel sector
The digitization and use of new technological tools to generate successful tourism marketing strategies is essential for any hotel that wants to increase its reservations. For tourists and travelers, this digital transformation fosters new habits, behaviors and communication in consumers that become an active element within the marketing strategy, offering us continuous feedback and feeding channels such as social networks or specialized platforms with their comments. and reviews.
As a hotel brand, you must drive digital transformation in your business to:
- Develop highly effective and low-cost tourism marketing campaigns with the support of artificial intelligence.
- Automate reservation and customer service processes through the use of conversational chatbots.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the market, your competitors and your customers, through big data.
- Design advertising campaigns that involve multiple smart devices and different audiovisual formats to create multi-channel and immersive experiences.
- Implement facial recognition and process automation technologies in the hotel facilities to provide a smart stay.
Therefore, you must give the highest priority to the digital transformation of your business, applying the 7 keys developed in this article. It is vital that you integrate and align the use of technology with your tourism marketing strategies. If you manage to offer impressive experiences at all levels, your reserves will also increase.