We live in a digitized society in which the number of smartphone users has not stopped growing. This growth, among other things, has led to the number of active users on social media also increasing, making most of us very dependent on them.
This boom and the dependence that society has on social networks means that companies do not stop exploiting these networks, turning them into perfect sales channels. This practice is known as Social Selling.
If you dedicate yourself to sales and are always looking to reach a new audience, it is very likely that you have put Social Selling into practice.
Today, companies know that the world is moving fast, and unless they want to head to failure, they will have to test new market trends in order to reach a large number of leads.
So, if you want to start finding other ways to get your brand recognition and increase your sales, keep reading and learn about what Social Selling is and how you can put it into practice.
What is Social Selling?
Social Selling is to use social media to find leads and interact with them. All this with the aim of connecting and involving them in your business.
This marketing technique has replaced the traditional calls, where the salesperson did not know his prospect. Now, it is possible to create a meaningful relationship that establishes your brand in the customer’s memory, so that you are the first thing they think of when they make a purchase.
The impact of social media is infinite. Thanks to its immediacy, it is possible to discover in real time the ideal moment to interact with them and begin to build a relationship that can turn into a successful sale.
Social Selling is the ideal method to investigate leads and maintain active communication with them.
Social Selling Strategy
Social Selling goes beyond greeting a lead and starting a conversation with him. The work consists of investigating, finding these points that allow you to get closer, create a strategy to address it, either by sharing content that is relevant to them or solving any doubts that may arise.
The Social Selling by LinkedIn is one of the most popular methods among sellers, as the platform is made up of professionals from all industries. The perfect site for B2B sales.
To be successful in your LinkedIn Social Selling strategy, we recommend the following:
- Your profile must be complete: This requirement is fundamental, we are talking about a platform where people share personal information of great importance, such as job position, an organization to which they belong, an academic level reached, etc.
- Be professional: Remember that the first contact matters, it is your opportunity to make a good impression, so you must ensure that you look professional, with a clean and friendly profile.
- Your profile should be directed to the client: Show current and potential clients that you care about meeting a need, that you understand their problems and of course, you have the solution. This way you can connect with them in a meaningful way.
- Share valuable content: This is one of the ideal ways to start engaging with customers. The only thing you need is to share different types of content aimed at your target audience.
- Use the advanced search function: This will help you find the best prospects, filtering people by location and job title.
- Maintain interaction with prospects: Once you get the first contact, it is important that you follow up and establish constant communication with them. In this way, they will not forget you and will know that you are aware of them.
Twitter offers you some creative opportunities to put Social Selling into practice. Businesses have found that this platform is perfect for interaction with customers, especially on customer experience matters.
By using Twitter as a Social Selling platform, you undoubtedly have a valuable opportunity to prospect and retain customers, as well as allowing you to be aware of the way your competition interacts.
Although Twitter has some limitations such as characters or sending private messages, it can work as the perfect introduction to start a good relationship with potential customers.
We have some tips to help you put this method into practice:
- Constantly check the mentions that people make of your company and respond, be it a complaint, a congratulation or a suggestion. Answer everything and start interacting.
- Personalize your comments, answer the specific need of the client and create a dialogue with him.
- Move your Twitter conversation to other platforms to better engage with potential customers.
Without a doubt, Facebook is the favorite social network of organizations to carry out Social Selling. However, generating a funnel and converting customers is not as easy as it sounds. To achieve this you must have a solid communication structure.
Social Selling on Facebook has great benefits for businesses and here we list all
- It allows you to have a first point of contact with leads and participate in conversations related to products and experiences.
- You connect with customers and stay in frequent contact with them, in addition to allowing you to be aware of their needs and interests.
- The brand recognition is incredible. Post regularly, be active, participate in conversations.
- Use the groups for your most loyal customers and get the best insights to improve your customer service and experience, this will help you get them to refer you to other people.
Why do Social Selling?
Before, sellers made what we call “cold calls”, which consisted of finding a telephone number in a database or telephone directory, without having prior information about the client, the seller did not even have their name, which caused twice work, an interaction destined for failure and one less customer.
Now, with people sharing large amounts of information through social networks, it is possible to identify their tastes, consumption habits, needs and the way in which they interact with other people. All this information can be useful to create a meaningful first contact with him.
Social Selling also allows sellers to have different channels of communication with the contact and different attitudes or perspectives of their behavior. Some social networks have a work and professional twist, we are formal and professional, but in others we are freer to share things with less seriousness and more creativity.
This allows salespeople to notice these different attitudes and perspectives, and to connect appropriately with the potential customer, enough to create a good first impression and a trusting relationship in the future.
Advantages of Social Selling
Implementing a Social Selling strategy has great benefits for your company:
- Give value to your brand.
- Offer valuable information to your target audience.
- Create a true connection with leads .
- It gives you greater opportunities to generate more sales.
- It allows you to increase your portfolio with quality leads .
- Get bigger profits faster.
Dare to try new strategies that positively impact your brand such as Social Selling. It’s just a matter of researching, testing, tracking what works and what doesn’t, and making the most of whatever resources you find.
Benefits of using a Social Selling strategy
Next, we invite you to discover the main advantages of using a Social Selling strategy:
1. Humanize the brand:
Social Selling allows potential customers to interact with the company, it allows social networks to be used to transmit the values of the company, to answer questions, and so on. All of this will help humanize the company!
2. Improve negotiation:
It reduces the negotiation time considerably, since it allows you to speak with several clients at the same time, thus optimizing the time. Optimizing time is necessary to reduce costs, so indirectly, Social Selling will also help you reduce company expenses.
3. Increase sales:
As a good sales channel, Social Selling aims to increase sales, and in fact… it succeeds! Through social networks you can create relationships with quality clients, clients that will help you increase sales, and with it profits.
4. It makes you a reference:
The interactions you make with followers, the content you share, the doubts you answer, etc., will help you become a benchmark in the sector. However, you will have to share quality content, give good answers and keep your followers informed of news, problems and related news, among other things.
5. Avoid the cold door:
Any salesperson knows how tough a cold sale is. Social Selling avoids this sales model and brings us closer to potential customers with the aim of encouraging them to buy.
Best selling practices on social media
Do you wonder how to sell better on social networks? Any of the social media sales strategies must include these practices . They are proven to be very effective in maximizing sales:
- Take care of the presentation: in social selling taking care of the presentation is very important. Introduce yourself to your audience, take care of your social media profiles to show your best version and to convey the values of the company and appear human and accessible. With this you will be able to generate relationships based on trust, the key to sales on social networks.
- Provide added value: one of the main objectives should be to provide added value, that is, to add value to the audience through relevant content that captures their interest.
- Listen strategically to identify business prospects: this point is related to Social Listening. Find out what they say about you, about the company’s products or services, about the sector. Identify business prospects and pay attention to recommendations and pain points. Internet users always tell us what they want! Listen strategically!
- Bonding with your audience: To bond and build meaningful relationships, it’s important to stay in regular contact with your audience. That is, you have to interact with comments, responding to their comments, paying attention to what the audience shares, and so on. Get involved with the audience and create relevant and beneficial links for the company!