The social media marketing media or social marketing ( SMM ) is about to all activities and measures used in social media to generate business opportunities, increasing the reach and customer loyalty. Social media marketing can be viewed as public relations and customer service. The first goal is to increase factors like traffic, CTR, and reach. The next step is to build long-term loyalty from customers, influencers, and Viral Marketing. SMM can be part of Customer Relationship Management and also includes social media advertising.
Social media marketing has been a response to people’s communication habits. Today, social media platforms are important to grow your business.
Marketing in social networks refers to all those activities carried out in order to promote a brand through social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram among others, which are at their peak among internet users, and They facilitate the interaction of the brand with its target audience, on a much more personalized and dynamic level than with traditional marketing techniques. A marketing tactic in social media can range from the production of content for a blog or twitter, to the deployment of many activities that integrate several social networks, videos on YouTube and blogs, the important thing is to know how to adapt them to the needs of each company, in a way that will improve your image and brand positioning, disseminate information quickly, be more popular, collect strategic information about your customers, among other benefits.
Social media marketing can help raise your audience and convert interested people into potential customers in a meaningful way. Relevant content designed for your audience is key to increasing the presence of your brand within digital media.
It is vital to understand the operation of social networks and the response of your audience in each of them, analyzing, evaluating and executing the content, that is why we share some reasons why marketing is important on your social media.
As a brand, we must be able to attract and satisfy our audience in a predictable and consistent way, to generate empathy with our consumers . One of the best ways to do this is by offering content that enriches them both intellectually and emotionally to build a strong and positive brand in the minds of our audience.
We are talking about the number of visitors that access our website and add value to our digital portal. Using a good social media strategy is an excellent way to attract visitors to our site from well-known platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and many more.
More traffic to our site means a better reputation when search engines decide to do the job of positioning . Likewise, the activity of our social profiles adds value to our brand in the digital world. A site with higher external references has a better page rank for search engines.
Return on investment (ROI)
Social networks are powerful tools and marketing on them represents a much lower cost when compared to other digital and traditional media. In addition to being cheaper, the segmentation it offers is specific and accurate, which allows us to reach our target market faster, making our brand more relevant and the purchase intention greater.
Simply put, social media marketing is key to growing your brand today. If your brand does not yet have web positioning strategies, now is the time to start.
At ProWeb Marketing Digital , we know that having a social media marketing strategy is key to growing your business, and we give it that digital boost it needs.
What role should social media play in your marketing strategy?
Apart from being a promotion engine and a sideboard for brands, Social Media have become their customer service department, since by this means consumers express their dissatisfaction with the brand and what they require from it to satisfy their needs. Therefore, a brand that carefully plans its marketing strategy on Social Media can take advantage of the two-way communication channel to specifically answer the requests of its customers and thus reinforce its image both on and off the Internet. Have you checked your company’s networks to make sure there are no unanswered contacts, complaints or questions?
Although for some, the networks help in customer service, for many other entrepreneurs the main concern is how to make Social Media generate more business and for this it is also necessary to develop a strategy. There are sectors where networks can be used to attract prospects, but there are others where the role of social networks is more to position the brand and gain market authority.
Media Monitoring should be part of the Strategic Plan
Companies that do not have continuous monitoring of what is mentioned in Social Media about their brand, do not have the ability to respond to their customers and therefore create discontent, damaging their image online. Considering the above, having a presence in Social Media is one thing and a marketing strategy in Social Media is quite another, that is, it is not enough to have the brand’s profile created in the most popular Social Media and publish by the occurrence, without a strategy and without consistency, it is necessary to make a strategic plan to take advantage of the benefits of the networks.
You can start the definition of the strategy with a digital brand manual
The Marketing strategy in Social Media begins by defining who you are going to talk to, what you want to say, what you want them to do and from there establish all the tactics that will generate the results. The management of social media must pursue an objective aligned with the company’s strategy and the digital marketing strategy, it should not be something left adrift or improvisation. A good way to start a social media marketing strategy is to develop a Digital Brand Manual that defines what is to be pursued, establishes the goals to follow and guides team members on what to do and what not to do.
Types of SMM
In social media marketing, two basic strategies can be distinguished, in which the passive variant is often seen as a necessary component of every marketing:
- Proactive marketing in social media : Here own content and user-generated content are created and distributed to achieve the company’s objectives. Active social media marketing not only requires the use of resources and budget, but with a multi-channel approach, it also includes organizing different channels to increase the reach of …
- Passive marketing in social media : External content is used to achieve the objectives. The activities of users and market facilitators are recorded and evaluated through monitoring. This data is additional information that can be used for strategic and operational decision making.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
The basic strategies mentioned above result in individual concepts that can also be combined. In practice, it is primarily about raising awareness , improving customer loyalty, improving access to the target group and communication.
- Direct contact with the customer : Social media can be used as a means of customer service. Customers contact businesses via messages, rating, or posting a status. If the company reacts immediately or relatively quickly, there is a proximity to the customer that cannot be achieved by other means.
- Building interest groups : Groups, blogs and forums can be used to create networks of common interests. Although this is only possible for certain products and services, such a meeting of users with a real interest in the product and the possibility of exchange is almost only conceivable on social networks.
- Events : Concerts and events are a popular means of reaching customers, especially in the restaurant sector.
- Interactive campaigns: Giveaways, vouchers, game apps, and surveys are ways to attract potential customers.
- Sales and distribution: Here you can make sales of reduced products and other sales concepts.
- Reputation, image and authority : Experience can be gained by providing solid information. Image and advertising campaigns serve to create a good reputation.
- Viral Marketing: Certain content encourages users to share. This content is virally processed as it is distributed by many users. This can also be done by so-called “influencers”.
- SEO: With a presence on social media, so-called social signals can be sent to search engines. Profiles on Twitter, Facebook and Co. are often indexed by search engines and show up relatively high in the SERPs . High engagement rates (likes, comments, shares) are additional positive signals that let search engines know that users find the offer interesting.
- Monitoring Social Media: Companies have numerous possibilities in the areas of information and control. This data can be used in many ways. For example, to better understand customers and increase customer loyalty, or to track the brand.
- Traffic : Social media is a great way to drive visitors to blogs or websites. A prerequisite for this is of course good content.
Importance for online marketing
Social media marketing is an integral part of business life for many online retailers and businesses today – in some cases even as a stakeholder strategy in the realm of business plans. Especially in the consumer goods sector, almost all companies have at least one social profile . The number of potential networks has also increased rapidly in recent years. Therefore, companies must find relevant platforms and fill them with interesting content. A multichannel strategy is advisable. However, this does not mean that all available channels should be used. Rather, it is the target groups and their usage patterns that are decisive in choosing a platform. Methods such as targeting, Segmentation and tracking allow you to reach the relevant target groups and avoid losses.
Companies usually have specific experiences of public relations (offline). This know-how must be used, as the principles of successful corporate communication remain constant, at least in the beginning – only technology and the environment have changed. Aspects such as corporate design, branding or corporate publication should not be neglected when the brand message must be received by users. A balance must be found between advertising and transparent and authentic communication or content marketing. Too much advertising puts users off relatively quickly. It’s important to engage users at the right touchpoints with the right content and establish a culture of feedback. The principles of success in social media marketing are very complex, but a little experimentation is definitely appropriate. The first successes are often achieved within a few months.
Influencers also play an important role in social media marketing. These are well-known people with a broader community who work for companies and recommend their products or reinforce brand awareness online. Influencers use their own social media channels like Instagram, Snapchat, or blogs.
Social media marketing can include or combine other forms of marketing. For example, content marketing or referral marketing is not possible without social media.