Webinars or online seminars have become a trend, since they are a good option to transmit and communicate with your target audience, becoming in some cases the first step of the inbound marketing funnel.
What is a webinar?
Webinars or digital congresses are a channel to transmit knowledge to your target, using the internet and ICTs, to ensure that the public that is interested in the service, learn new knowledge, or else, know the benefits of a service. According to one of our articles, workshop, course or seminar in video format, which is taught over the Internet. What characterizes the webinar and gives it added value is the interaction that takes place between the speaker and the users attending it.
What are the benefits of webinars?
Webinars have multiple advantages associated with their use, by companies and entrepreneurs as a communication channel, such as:
- Two-way channel: allows the webinar presenter to be in contact with the public, learn about their concerns, answer their questions and help them if they need it.
- Direct presentation and in real time: allows the speaker to present on the subject he wants to talk about without pauses and without haste, unlike a face-to-face conference, where there are always more speakers and speaking turns are shorter.
- Innovative company: companies that schedule webinars are concerned that the topics discussed in the seminars are current and trending, and in many cases, the topics proposed by users to previous seminars, or by suggestions, are chosen.
– Known speakers: companies tend to choose speakers based on their needs, the topics they want to talk about, speakers with a pull, who are famous and recognized, as well as an influencer on a specific topic, for example, civil engineering or people management …
– Email marketing: before being able to access the webinar, subscribers to the event must register for the event, leaving their email and giving their consent to receive information from the company and future webinars that are held, with this we can have a database very powerful to carry out future email marketing actions, and even cross-selling.
– Sale: it can be a first link to convince them of the advantages of using a service that the company sells, such as a CRM, or to encourage the testing of a product offered by the organization, turning the speaker into a prescriber of a service or a computer program, giving his opinion of its use to improve the management of a business or a department.
Webinars should always be supported by a presentation in PowerPoint or similar format, since they allow people who access the webinar to more easily retain the concepts that are explained, being able to return to a slide later, when they are in question time, and helping the speaker to focus the audience’s attention.
What are the phases of a good webinar?
The phases of a correct webinar are five:
– Presentation of the speaker and the objective of the Masterclass: in which the speaker or speakers of the online congress are presented, their professional career and the objective of the gathering.
– Presentation of the presentation: it is the phase of the webinar that usually lasts the longest, at least half an hour, in which the speaker will explain, step by step, all the slides that are part of his presentation, and that later, he will share with those attending the webinar, via social media or through the email they left when registering.
– Question time: this is the moment when the speaker will be able to resolve the doubts that those attending the online congress have left in the chat, or that have been received through the social networks of the company or the speaker that they have organized the event.
– thanks: in which the speaker thanks the webinar attendees for their time and questions, and of course, the company or businessman for having him to give this digital masterclass.
– Closing of the webinar: it is the final touch of the webinar, in which he says goodbye to the audience, either by the speaker or the organizer of the webinar, who can be a voice-over, informing of the date of the next webinar or the other relevant company events.
There are many marketing tools that allow webinars to be held, some of the best known are the following: GotoWebinar, ClassonLive, Clickmeeting, Cisco Webex, Spontania …, but you can also use social networks to broadcast your online seminar in streaming, such as YouTube, Hangouts, Facebook, Periscope.