In recent years, technology has evolved exponentially, causing companies to do their best to keep up. One of the strategies used is to expand digital marketing channels, among which are web pages. But creating a website is the easy part, how complex is it to get it to receive visits and for them to become consumers? Don’t worry, we can help you get it.
- Keywords. To receive visits, it is essential to include keywords within your content, so that they generate searches. To know which words to use, you must do a KW research.
- Indexing. Indexing is the process by which Google appends a web page to its index to display it in search results. To check that your website is indexed, go to Desktop -> Settings -> Reading and check that the option “Discourage search engines from indexing this site” is disabled.
- Technical errors. If your website constantly crashes, search engines will not give it priority, and it will receive fewer visits. Prioritize bug fixes.
- Contents. If you create little content, or of poor quality, you will receive fewer visits, since quality content makes your website improve its position in search engines.
- SEO. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is, as its name suggests, a set of strategies and tools that help a website improve its presence in search engines, as it helps to shoot organic traffic. If you are not applying SEO optimization on your website, you are likely to lose views.
- Promotion. It is important to publicize your website through different channels since in this way it reaches a wider audience.
- New website. Be patient, since, if you have just created your website, it is normal that it has not received many visits yet (or ranked, as the experts say). Follow our advice and surely the situation will have changed in a short time.
I already have visitors… and now what?
Getting visits is just the beginning, since once you have users visiting your website, you must get them to come back, and end up becoming consumers, the strategies that are part of digital marketing can help you.
- Adapt to formats. There is nothing more unpleasant than entering a web page through a device other than a computer, and realizing that it is not adapted. Make sure that the format of your website is adapted for all devices.
- Velocity. In an age where we are used to getting everything in a few seconds, a web page that takes time to load is very frustrating and can be very dissuasive. To avoid this problem, choose the most suitable hosting for your website.
- Appearance. To get users to visit your website again, you need to make sure it looks good. Make sure that the letters stand out from the background, so that they are easy to read, that the colors do not clash too much, and that in general it has a pleasant appearance.
- Easy to use. Make sure your website is intuitive and easy to use. Clearly subdivide the information, so that your users can easily find what they are looking for, and add clear and short titles to each section.
- Blog. Having a blog is a good way for your users to return, since if they are interested in the content, they will return to consume the new one. It is important that the content of your blog is related to the industry in which you work, and is interesting for your user. You can also add short videos with information on the blog, to avoid that everything is texts.
From users to consumers
Now that you know how to get visits, and how to make them come back, we give you some tips that you can use so that your visits become consumers.
Digital marketing channels such as social media are the perfect shoehorn to attract visits to your website. Social networks allow you to achieve two-way communication, between you and your consumers. In this way, it is much easier to get them to consume your products, since many social media offer simple options to target your audience. Promote your social networks on your website, and vice versa, this way you will get more visits.
Email marketing offers you the opportunity to create a more direct and personalized communication with your consumer and offer them an exclusive message. To get the email of your visits, add forms on your website and invite your visitors to leave their data in exchange for information of interest to them.
And finally, remember not to disappear, since when someone visits your website, they are not yet a loyal consumer, so it is likely that they will forget about your brand until the next interaction. So advertising on social media, through email, mobile or other channels, will help your audience keep your brand and products in mind, until they decide to make a purchase.